Online application for editing and playing pictographic communication boards
Click the GO button to start creating your first communication board.
If you think Picto4Me is useful for you, and you would like be weekly updated with tips, release notes, shared projects, updated image library,
please let us know by filling your email address below
Picto4me version 1.22 has been release and some of the new features as described below:
- Image overlay - Apply YES/NO transparent overlay in your cell.
More options will be added soon.
- Single cell resize - you will be able to resize a figure individually or all at once. Just select one of the the filled cell image to start resizing it.
- Drag-and-drop target cell indicator - when draging one image to another cell, it displays now a border indicating the destination cell.
- Image loading indicator - while loading an image for the first time.
Single Image Resize and Yes/No layers
It is now possible to set the language for searching images and the voice of pre-recorded sentences of your board (description of images and phrases in the two-level keyboard)
Just click on the File and Settings menus and then select one of the available languages: English, Portuguese (Brazil) and Spanish and voice (male or female)
Changes made in the project are valid only for the current project. It does not change settings of your Google account nor picto4me interface (text buttons and menus).
Project language and voice are used for image search and synthesizes voice only.
Picto4me interface (text on menus and buttons) changes are still being made on the Google page:
The new interface of the virtual keyboard of two levels provides a better use for individuals with low vision.
The keyboard has been expanded and audible feedback on the selection of keys was added.
During automatic scan or manual selection different sounds will be played:
Screen with group of characters (first level):
Key with individual characters (second level):
- Tick the first option tonic
- Simple tick in the group of letters
- Tick acute in the action group (space, reproduce, return)
- Name of the letter is spoken
Automatic saving will not replace your current startup thumbnail. If you want to replace your current startup image, just open your project file in the editor, click on the file name and then on the save button.
The image will be displayed beside the project name when launching the Picto4Me player
Good news for those users who awaited improvements in the accuracy of printed boards .
Support for PDF files was introduced in the latest picto4me editor version (1.10).
Just select the board you want to print and choose the menu option File> Download as PDF
Goodbye APPLY button
Among other improvements Version 1.10 brings is real-time change the number of columns, rows, and cell size . The APPLY button , previously used no longer exists - The board is automatically updated as you change any of its property (Title , number of columns , rows or size ).
The dialog shows the maximum number of columns and rows for pdf file generation.
Insert an image directly from your url
Navigating through Google Images, you found that cool image that picto4me has not displayed?
No problem, just enter the url of your nice image and press ENTER - That´s it, the image can now be inserted in your communication board.
Starting from 1.7, a powerful and yet simple interface provide all search functionalities in common dialog:
- Image source filters - you can now filter the sources you would like to search - ARASAAC, Mulberry, OCHA, SCLERA and web search
- User library (saved images) - it is now easy to save new images in your personal library
- Quickly Upload - upload audio and image files with a click - you can also drag and drop them to start uploading.
- Simple audio recording - select the image, click on the REC button, and say Hello.
- Webcam - Take snapshots with your web cam.
- Upload status - you can now see the progress of your file uploading.
- Infinite Scroll - wants more pictos from the web? Just keep scrolling down.
- Edit now - the pixlr editor can be triggered for any picto
You can now assign a description to any pictogram present in your boards.
The pictogram description is not displayed on the board as pictogram title is. The content of this field will be converted in audio and read while playing the board.
Previously was already possible to assign a TTS (text to speech) audio file to a pictogram, but only after copying the pictogram to your user library. Starting from version 1.4 you don´t need anymore to copy the public pictogram to your personal library to give it voice, you just type the description, to click on the speaker icon (or press enter), and you will give voice to the pictogram.
- Click on the pictogram
- Type the description you want to speak
- Click on the speaker icon or press enter
Descriptions are not displayed or printed, but converted to an audio file that will be played back while on player mode.
Literate users now have the two level virtual keyboard that may be associated with communication boards and used during the execution mode (player).
To support the keyboard, the concept of plugins was built, making it possible to add other features to communication boards, such as other types of keyboards, image editors, chat, email, searches on Google.
The first keyboard that was adopted is based on the spelling system developed by Rick Hoyt and known for Staggered Speech. First pick up the group of letters and then the letter itself. Groups start by vowels.
The initial concept was refined and picto4me keyboard supports:
- auto suggestions
- sequencial scan,
- speed control
- gradual increase vocabulary
The operating modes are:
- direct input of text,
- appointment via mouse,
- appointment via the Camera Mouse.
- sequential scan.
To adapt to the patient reality, therapist, family or user himself can register sentences that will be suggested to initiate the choice of letters.
These simple steps will help in configuring your keyboard:
We are excited about the possibilities that are really promising.
Two level keyboard
Maintenance of auto-suggestion sentences
You don´t need anymore to open the Google Drive application to browser your saved files. The File>Open menu is now available and
users can now browse and select picto4me files from their Drive file list. There is no File>Save option - your files will remain being saved automaticaly every 10 seconds.
We have also improved the printing experience, and boards pictograms are no longer splitted while breaking the pages.